Community Participation Supports
Community Living Belleville and Area provides a calendar of events, sporting activities and social functions throughout the calendar year. The calendar is updated monthly and is posted on www.communitylivingbelleville.org.
Community Participation Supports provides people the opportunity to build and maintain friendships. Having personal relationships enriches our lives.
This is an option for people who are interested in being a part of our community but who prefer to spend their time with other people who share similar interests. In addition from having a day filled with work and volunteer opportunities, this is an engaging opportunity to be a part of.
We offer the following:
- Bowling league meets weekly at the Quinte Bowl on Hwy 62. We have approximately 16 teams. You can choose 5 pin or 10 pin and this league is from the middle of October to the end of March.
- Book Club at the Belleville Library is on Wednesday afternoons, we have volunteer authors who read books of interests.
- Gardening – We have raised garden beds; we also garden in the community and share our produce with the Community Development Council for the Good Food box program.
- Weekly Entertainment provided by local musicians to name a few, Rob Vance, Tim Campbell, Rick Hodgson, Matt Smith and more.
- Pet Therapy – enjoy the opportunity to interact and meet the therapy dogs.
- Baking – join us for a social gathering of cooking, good times and baking. Your finished product is yours to share. Enjoy!
- Educational / Public Information we have invited guests who will share their knowledge and ideas.
- Swimming and Sporting activities at the Wellness Centre.
There is a small fee for some of the events. The cost will be indicated on the calendar. To ensure space is available if you or a friend/family member would be interested in joining call 613-962-2625 in advance.
If you are looking for further information about the service please contact Donna McKeown Manager, Community Participation Supports and Services at 613-969-7407 ext 29 or by email at email@example.com
Community Living Belleville and Area is committed to supporting people to secure volunteer opportunities in the community which are of their choice. The volunteer roles are determined based on people’s interests, goals and level of contribution they wish to provide. Many organizations and community initiatives value the support people give to our community.
The Manager offers people who we support the level of service they need in establishing a relationship with their community partners. These community relations are formed for as long as the requirements are met for everyone.
Some of the areas in which people we support are continuously involved include:
- Food for Learning at various schools with their community;
- Gleaners Food bank;
- Volunteering with animals at Veterinary offices and shelters;
- Volunteering in local Not for Profit business – Cancer Society, Habit for Humanity, Gleaners Food Bank;
- Volunteering with school breakfast programs;
- Volunteering with the Community Development Council Good Food Box;
- Recycling at our local college;
- Volunteer at the Community Gardens;
- Volunteer with United Way Initiatives and Events;
- Salvation Army – kettle collection.
If you have an opportunity within your business or service and would like to offer volunteer opportunities for people we support, please contact Donna McKeown, Manager, Community Participation Supports and Services at 613-969-7407, ext. 29