Volunteering at Community Living Belleville and Area
- Makes you feel great because you know you are enhancing the lives of people in your community.
- Keeps you active after retirement.
- Enriches your perspective.
- Enhances your resume with experience and service to your community.
- Boosts your positive attitude.
- Allows you to make a difference.
- Challenges you with new experiences, such as:
- Visit and bring new ideas.
- Offer your time.
- Learn new things.
- Undertake exciting activities.
- Numerous opportunities to raise someone’s spirits.
- Try something new.
- Enhance your skills.
- Enrich your life.
- Realize your potential.
Volunteers are screened, which includes filling out an application. This application will be presented to the volunteer at the time of screening. The volunteer is then matched to a volunteer role that supports their volunteer interests. Volunteers, including student volunteers, must meet with the Manager of Community Development and Volunteer Services prior to volunteering.
Volunteer positions within the organization range from working directly with a person to leading an activity, supporting a fundraising event, employment mentoring position and/or supporting a special event as an assistant.
Student volunteer positions are more site specific with direct or indirect supervision. Positions are often connected to becoming an assistant during special events. This can be a great experience for students and an opportunity for them to consider choosing an education within the Human Services sector.
If you are interested in volunteering at Community Living Belleville and Area, please e-mail Kelly Limin or call her at 613-969-7407, Ext. 22 or cell - 613-403-2466.