Mission and Vision
Community Living Belleville and Area exists to provide quality supports to people with intellectual disabilities and to facilitate their full inclusion in community life. Community Living Belleville and Area is also mandated to educate the larger community and to advocate wherever necessary on behalf of people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Community Living Belleville and Area envisions a community where everyone belongs and all people are valued and respected as participating and contributing members.
OUR PRINCIPLES OF SERVICE:
Community Living Belleville and Area will strive to:
- Provide supports that are individually tailored and developed in response to the person and his/her family through a person-directed process.
- Encourage and support the organization, its staff and people it supports to participate in the community.
- Extend respect to each other and to each person/family supported by the organization and to appreciate diversity.
- Recognize, reward and hold accountable its staff as competent and the staff, in turn, readily sees competence in the people they support.
- Make choices about what the organization stands for and values, and encourage people supported by the organization to achieve personal outcomes.
- Be accountable to its constituency for achieving results, by working cooperatively to keep within budget and to use available financial resources for the maximum benefit of people we support.